Cinnamon is a spice obtained from the inner bark of several tree species from the genus Cinnamomum. Cinnamon is used mainly as an aromatic condiment and flavouring additive in a wide variety of cuisines, sweet and savoury dishes, breakfast cereals, snackfoods, tea and traditional foods. The aroma and flavour of cinnamon derive from its essential oil and principal component, cinnamaldehyde, as well as numerous other constituents including eugenol.
According to the National Library of Medicine, cinnamon is also a valuable and highly appreciated medicinal herb (considered a medicine), as cinnamon is used to help treat muscle spasms., vomiting, infection, common cold, anorexia, and impotence (ED). Cinnamon may lower blood sugar levels for people with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, according to Diabetes An1. However, research that supports this is rare. Cinnamaldehyde – is a substance found in Cassia Cinnamon – helps fight bacterial and fungal infections.
According to the study published in the Diabetics Care journal. Diabetes – cinnamon could help to improve blood sugar level and lipid3 in people with type 2 diabetes. Studies have concluded that consuming 6 grams of cinnamon daily would reduce blood sugar, triglycerides, LDL cholesterol and total Cholesterol in people with type 2 diabetes and adding cinnamon to the diet of people with type 2 diabetes would reduce the risk factors associated with diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Cinnamon tree height is 12-20m tall, with very fragrant bark, naturally grows in Truong Son forest and grown from Thanh Hoa, Nghe An onwards. Particularly, cinnamon tree grown on Tra My land – Tien Phuoc – Quang Nam has high oil content, sweet spicy taste and thick bark.
Cinnamon sticks are strips of the inner bark carefully dried until they curl into rolls known as cinnamon sticks or quills.
HBMfood offers a wide variety of high quality Cinnamon, including shaved cinnamon stick, peeled cinnamon and cinnamon powder used to make spices, herbs and in the spa.
Packaging: Carton (PP, PE (net 20- 30kg)) Cinnamon powder is packed in plastic containers or glass jars as customers’ requirements.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
II. Are you interested in private labeling?
- Contact us, select your product and create your own private label.
- You can choose from the following line: Spices & Seasonings.
- Make your products unique while respecting the environment: choose your packaging with our different formats and 100% recyclable materials.
- Our graphic team can assist you with the creation of your brand with a captivating and eye-catching packaging, which will help your business grow, while respecting the norms and regulations of your country.
2.1/ Shaved Cinnamon stick:
Cinnamon bark after being peeled from the trunk, is shaved off the outer cover to remove fungi, mosses and parasitic algae.
Dry and store in a vacuum bag.
2.2/ Pure cinnamon powder:
Produced as the following criteria:
– Dried cinnamon bark is ground into a fine powder. The smoothness of the powder depends on the customer’s order.
– Pure cinnamon powder, clean, without impurities, has natural brown color, sweet spicy taste and aroma. This unique point helps customers to differentiate between spicy and bitter cinnamon.
IV. Specification for cinnamon powder
Moisture: 13,5% max
Oil content: 1-3%
Color: featured brown/ yellow
Packing: PP, PE (net 20- 30kg)
Container capacity: 14MT/ 20FT, 25MT/ 40HQ
Origin: Viet nam